From linear to circular
Today we consume significantly more resources than the earth can handle. One strategy to reduce our resource allocation, which is receiving increasing attention, is to move from a linear economy, to what is called a circular economy. The EU describes it as a necessary development for both the environment and competitiveness:
“The transition to a more circular economy, where the value of products, materials and resources is maintained in the economy for as long as possible and waste generation is minimized, is a necessary part of the EU’s work to develop a sustainable, low-carbon, resource-efficient and competitive economy. Here is the opportunity to transform the economy and create new and sustainable competitive advantages for Europe.”
– Europeiska Kommissionen 2015. Att sluta kretsloppet – en EU-handlingsplan för den cirkulära ekonomin
Take environmental responsibility through circular economy.
We can help you reach your enviromental goals by using our solutions.
What is circular economy?
A circular economy proposes that rather than adopting the: make, use, dispose model of a linear economy we instead keep the resources in use for as long as possible, and use techniques including: repair, refurbishing and remanufacturing to extend or provide a second life to the resource, whereby the cycle is repeated and therefore completing the full circle. A circular economy relies on both long-lasting products and renewable energy resources and aims to gain the maximum value from products before they are launched into their second life.
What are the advantages of a circular economy?
- Reduce the negative impacts of a linear economy.
- Provides economic and business opportunities.
- Improve the environmental landscape of our planet.
- Reduce waste.
- Preserves the planet through sustainable business practices.
- Help reduce the environmental impacts of our production and consumption.
- Considerable cost savings.
- Boost employment.
- Increase economic competitiveness.
Sustainability has become a differentiating factor in the market. Thanks to carbonZER0, the production, transportation, use phase, and end-of-life phase of your NF Techfleet financed IT assets can now be carbon-neutral.